The Wawel Brand was borne out of the combination of exceptional Polish and Swiss recipes and chocolate artistry perfected over the years. Adam Piasecki established a confectionary company in Kraków in 1898. In 1910, as a recognized confectioner, he opened a chocolate factory. After the Second World War the three competing factories were combined into one company and in 1951 the Wawel Confectionery Plant was established.
Soon afterwards the factory became one of the finest confectionery producers in Poland. The Wawel company logo has been modified several times over the years. In 1992 the government decided to privatize the company, due to the mounting demands of the market and the changing economic situation. In 1997 the Polish Securities and Exchange Commission allowed public trade of the company’s shares.
The Wawel SA Confectionery Plants Company’s shares debuted on the Warsaw Stock Exchange on March 11, 1998. The company’s name was changed to Wawel SA in 2005. The investment in Dobczyce was completed in 2006. The entire production was gradually moved to the industrial zone, where a modern production plant was emerging.
No products were found matching your selection.